Sidestep and Twist is Out in the UK

My new book Sidestep and Twist is now available in the United Kingdom, with release in the US later this month. We’ll be having launch parties in the UK in early February, and East and West Coast US ones later the same month. More details on those soon.

You can get it from Amazon. It is also available in some bookshops (though I think stock is relatively limited right now), though I expect that to improve over the next few weeks.

[hr] • If you’re enjoying this post [amazon_link id=”9814351105″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]James’ latest book is out![/amazon_link][hr]

There have been various reactions so far, though I would summarise them like this:

Those who do innovation or R&D for a living hate the book, it seems. They don’t like the evidence I present that genuine breakthroughs don’t actually seem to make much money.

And those who have to pay for R&D or innovation, seem to love it. One said to me: “oh thank you, someone who is unearthing that dirty little secret”.

Of course, the book isn’t only about breakthroughs, its about the things you can once you give up on breakthroughs as the key strategy that drives competitive advantage.

I’d love your feedback, and to everyone that’s been reading me all these years, thank you for your support.

7 Responses to“Sidestep and Twist is Out in the UK”

1. Funda
    January 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

A big congratulations to you my good friend. You have always amazed me with your intelligence & brilliance. My genius friend, I am very proud and keen to read which, I believe will be a very interesting and innovative book. Best wishes! x

• jawgardner
      January 6, 2012 at 6:24 am #

Dear Funda,

Thank you so much for these lovely remarks. It does feel as if the water has gone quite under bridge since those days we were in University together, doesn’t it! I may be in Australia in February on business – would be lovely to catch up if you’re free.

2. Franc
    January 6, 2012 at 9:35 am #

James, an excellent book. I read a book during the weekend and I am very impressed. The book is an excellent tool for innovators and investors in innovation. By the way, I am professionally engaged in innovation. Congratulations and many good books in the future.

• jawgardner
      January 9, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

Thank you ever so much for these really kind remarks. I greatly appreciate them, and am glad you found the book useful!

3. Eric Spencer
    January 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

When will the kindle edition be available?

• jawgardner
      January 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

They tell me in just a few weeks. It apparently has this whole approval process to go through… thanks for commenting!

• jawgardner
      January 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

I am informed it will be live at Amazon on the 13th of January!

Hope that helps.